Owning a home in South Carolina comes with particular seasonal challenges. During summer, thunder, lightning and hail storms can cause substantial property damage; fall signals the start of hurricane season, and in mountain areas, frozen pipes are common in the winter.
Protect your house and your personal property with homeowners insurance through the Driver’s Choice Home Insurance Program(s). For homeowners, insurance protection is just something you can’t do without. Having home insurance means having protection for your home, both inside and out, which goes a long way towards your peace of mind.
What is homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance pays you for losses to your home and your property inside it, so buying a homeowners insurance policy provides added security for your investment. Like renters insurance, homeowners insurance also protects you if you’re found legally responsible for someone’s injuries on your property, as well as from financial losses caused by storms, fire, theft and other events covered in your policy.
Different companies offer different homeowners insurance coverages, so choosing the right policy means finding the right combination of coverages to meet your needs.
Most homeowners policies include the following coverages:
- Dwelling pays if your house is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss.
- Other Structures – Covers damage to other structures or buildings, such as a detached garage, work shed, or fencing.
- Personal property pays if the items in your house (such as furniture, clothing, and appliances) are damaged, stolen, or destroyed
- Loss of use pays your additional living expenses (housing, food, and other essential expenses) if you must temporarily move because of damage to your house from a covered loss.
- Comprehensive Personal Liability – Covers personal liability. This coverage protects you against claims arising from accidents to others on property that you own or rent.
- Medical Expense – Covers medical expenses, limited to a specific amount per person. Also covers per accident for injuries occurring on your premises to persons other than an insured, or elsewhere, if caused by you, a member of your family, or your pets. An important feature of this coverage is that payment is made regardless of legal liability.
To make shopping for the right homeowner’s policy easier, make a list of what you own to decide the level of coverage you need. Whether you’re looking for cheap homeowners insurance or want the highest levels of coverage through the best homeowners insurance, it pays to shop around. Get a homeowners insurance quote today!
Driver’s Choice offers competitive rates for homeowner property insurance policies. Our home insurance programs provide a safety net for you and your family when unexpected events happen like theft, fire or floods. Our licensed, local insurance experts have years of experience and know your community to help you select the right coverage to protect your home and personal property.
Review Your Home Insurance Needs Every Year
Check with your insurance agent at least once a year to make sure your policy provides adequate coverage. The addition of a room, new insulation, or remodeling increase your home’s value, and therefore, may increase replacement cost.
How do I get insurance?
Becoming insured by one of the experts at Driver’s Choice is easy! Contact us for a homeowners insurance quote at our local offices, online at www.driverschoiceinsurance.com or over the phone at 877-772-4642.